Design and Implementation of Distributed Applications 2021-2022
1st Year, 1st SemesterMEIC - Alameda Campus
MEIC - Taguspark Campus
METI - Taguspark Campus
Lab. 1 - Introduction to the .NET Framework and gRPC over C#
- OverrideNewTest.cs (this program allows you to test the redefinition of method in C#)
- Slides (pdf)
A - Introduction to the .NET Framework
A.1 - Hello World
a) Implement a "Hello World" application as a Console Application:
- Open VisualStudio.NET.
- Create a new C# console app (.Net Core) project.
- Use the WriteLine method from class Console.
b) Implement a similar app (in a different project) as a Windows app:
- Create a new project, a Windows Desktop "Windows Forms App (.Net Core)".
- Use the Show method from class System.Windows.Forms. MessageBox.
A.2 - Name List
a) Implement an app that manages a list of names.
- Create a new C# Windows Application project.
- Add a new class file (.cs)
- Define the IListaNomes interface, which should include prototypes for:
- Adding a new name to the list.
- Returning all names in the list, as a string.
- Erasing the list's content.
- Create a class that implements IListaNomes and create an instance of it in your Windows Forms application (use the ArrayList class to store the names).
- Build a Windows Form that uses all features provided by the IListaNomes interface: textboxes to add new names and display the list, buttons to add, display and clear the list. The textbox to display the list should have the Multiline property enabled and the method that returns all the names in the list should separate the names with "\r\n" in order to place each name in a separate line.
b) Place breakpoints in each of the class' methods and check that each is called and executed correctly.